World’s Most Accurate Movement!
Equipped with “Signal Strength System” – A special antenna designed for increased reception sensitivity. Allows you to find the best location. This Atomic movement is accurate to +/- 1 second per day, synchronizing up to 7x a day. Automatically sets itself to the correct time at Daylight savings time.
Accurate to Less Than One Second in One Million Years! Atomic Clock Accuracy. A miniaturized radio receiver inside the movement monitors a low frequency time signal from The National Institute of Standards and Time in Fort Collins, Colorado — the same source used by radio and TV stations, power companies, air traffic control systems, etc. Taking into account your time zone the radio signal self-corrects the time daily. The clock movement automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings Time. The movement is preset to 12:00 making it easy to start. Just attach the hands, remove the locking device and enter your time zone. We recommend reading the simple, easy to understand manual before starting the movement. Due to the nature of Radio Signals this movement CANNOT be used with Metal Dials or Cases.
- Case Size: 2-3/16″W x 3-5/8″H x 5/8″D
- Shaft Diameter: 5/16″
- Choose from 3 Shaft Lengths: Short – 3/16″ threaded length, 7/16″ overall | Medium – 1/4″ threaded length, 9/16″ overall | Med. Long – 3/8″ threaded length, 11/16″ overall
- Step Second Motion.
- 1 Year Warranty
- Requires 1 ‘AA’ battery (Not Included)
- Includes basic mounting hardware. Wall hangers are not available.
- Will not run hands larger than 6″ (measurement is from the center of the mounting hole to the end of the minute hand only).
- Hour and Minute hands are sold separately as a pair above (please see pictures). They are .20 cents extra per pair. The price will be adjusted as you choose the style(s) you want from the drop down menu.
- Second hands are also sold separately and can be purchased HERE.
**When choosing the proper batteries for your clock, please consider the following information: There are many brands of alkaline batteries available on the market today, but there are several brands out there that just don’t perform well in clocks. We recommend using Rayovac or Duracell brand. Other brands, such as Energizer, have extra plastic coating on the negative end of the battery, which can cause clocks to malfunction or not work properly at all. Alkaline batteries are the only type of battery that should be used in clocks. Lithium powered or re-chargeable batteries will cause your clock to malfunction, or not function at all. Lithium and rechargeable batteries are meant for “high-drain” devices, such as digital cameras, etc. Alkaline batteries are best used in “low-drain” devices, which includes clock movements.