This Takane movement was specially made to be used in Timeworks style clocks or clocks with a smaller second hand dial on the main face. The second hand track may be just above the 6 position. The second had moves at a regular “step/jump” motion. It is not a continuous or smooth sweep motion. The movement mounts with a regular hex nut. Made in the USA.
- Case Size: 2-1/8″ square x 5/8″D
- Threaded Shaft Length: 7/16″
- Shaft Diameter: 5/16″
- Requires 1 “AA” (not included)
- Includes all mounting hardware
- Will run a second hand up to 6″ long (measurement is from the center of the mounting hole to the end on the minute hand only)
- Second hands are sold separately and can be purchased HERE.
**When choosing the proper batteries for your clock, please consider the following information: There are many brands of alkaline batteries available on the market today, but there are several brands out there that just don’t perform well in clocks. We recommend using Rayovac or Duracell brand. Other brands, such as Energizer, have extra plastic coating on the negative end of the battery, which can cause clocks to malfunction or not work properly at all. Alkaline batteries are the only type of battery that should be used in clocks. Lithium powered or re-chargeable batteries will cause your clock to malfunction, or not function at all. Lithium and rechargeable batteries are meant for “high-drain” devices, such as digital cameras, etc. Alkaline batteries are best used in “low-drain” devices, which includes clock movements.