This is a quality movement, made by Takane. It has a Westminster chime with good sound quality. We also carry the non-pendulum version on our site (see related items below).
- Chiming 1/4 of the chime at 15 minutes, 1/2 of the chime at 30 minutes and 3/4 of the chime at 45 minutes
- Full chime and counting strike on the hour
- Softer volume. Great for mounting on the back of a clock that is open. Please be aware that if you mount this inside a solid wood clock case the volume may be too low to hear.
- No volume control knob but sound can be amplified by attaching a tube (paper towel roll, etc) to the end with the speaker.
- Case Size: 3″W x 4-9/16″H x 1-1/4″D
- Shaft Diameter: 7/16″
- Choose from 4 Shaft Lengths: Extra Small – 5/16″ threaded length, 5/8″ overall | Small – 7/16″ threaded length, 3/4″ overall | Long – 11/16″ threaded length, 1″ overall | Extra Long – 15/16″ threaded length, 1-1/4″ overall
- Rear Hand Set Knob
- Attached, Enclosed Tube Speaker
- Requires 1 ‘C’ cell battery
Includes basic mounting hardware. Wall hanger available upon request.
- Includes a 16″ adjustable pendulum rod and your choice of a 2-1/8″, 2-3/4″, or 3-1/2″ bob. The rod is perforated every 1″ on the back so you can bend and snap it to the length you need before sliding on the bob. This movement can run up to a 29″ pendulum with a light weight metal rod and bob. The bob should be no more than 4.5″-5″ in diameter. Please be aware that this movement cannot run the larger wood stick pendulums or Lyre pendulums used on Grandfather and Grandmother floor clocks. We recommend our empty pendulum case (code#MCA-25) or our Heavy Duty Pendulum Drive Mechanism (code#MPD-80) if your are running a larger fancy Lyre pendulum. If you want to run a single hook wood stick pendulum with a larger bob we recommend our German Chime Movement (MPC-320).
- Will not run hands larger than 12″ (measurement is from the center of the mounting hole to the end of the minute hand only).
- Regular size (1″-6″) Hour and Minute hands are sold separately as a pair above (please see pictures). They are .20 cents extra per pair. The price will be adjusted as you choose the style(s) you want from the drop down menu. Extra large hands are available on our site as well.
- Second hands are also sold separately and can be purchased HERE.
**When choosing the proper batteries for your clock, please consider the following information: There are many brands of alkaline batteries available on the market today, but there are several brands out there that just don’t perform well in clocks. We recommend using Rayovac or Duracell brand. Other brands, such as Energizer, have extra plastic coating on the negative end of the battery, which can cause clocks to malfunction or not work properly at all. Alkaline batteries are the only type of battery that should be used in clocks. Lithium powered or re-chargeable batteries will cause your clock to malfunction, or not function at all. Lithium and rechargeable batteries are meant for “high-drain” devices, such as digital cameras, etc. Alkaline batteries are best used in “low-drain” devices, which includes clock movements.